4-8 September 2017
University College Cork, Ireland – MaREI Centre for Marine and Renewable Energy, www.marei.ie
The main objective of this course is to train each participant to the numerical and experimental modelling and control of Wave Energy Converters (WECs).
The following topics will be taught:
- The State of the Art of wave energy conversion techniques
- The State of the Art of numerical modelling of WECs, the limitations and the alternative numerical approaches
- The State of the Art of experimental model-ling of WECs, the limitations
- The State of the Art of control of WECs
By the end of the course, the participants will have carried out the following tasks:
- Wave measurement and generation in wave tank
- Numerical investigation of the performance of a WEC
- Experimental investigation of the perfor-mance of a WEC with and without control
The course is arranged jointly by Doctoral School of Engineering and Science at Aalborg University, Ecole Centrale de Nantes and University College Cork. The course will be held in the week after the EWTEC 2017 conference in Cork, Aug./Sept. 2017.
Full information and registration here: