Website Principle Power
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
The Global Performance Group splits its focus between the execution of engineering activities in support of current commercial projects and the execution of R&D studies to optimize the performance and ultimately reduce the cost of the WindFloat technology for future projects.
· Hull global sizing based on project specific conditions (Metocean data, site/project specifics including facilities, wind turbine selected).
· Stability analysis for pre-service and in-service conditions
· Global performance analysis including Design Load Case philosophy, motion analysis, airgap analysis and load calculations.
· Active ballast system specification and modelling
· Internal engineering interface with Structures, Marine Systems, Mooring/Cables and Installation
· Internal interface with Project Management, Business Development, Technology
· External interface with wind turbine manufacturers, Classification Societies, and Clients
· Load-out and commissioning technical support during execution.
The Naval Architect / Global Performance Engineer is capable to carry out the assigned engineering work with guidance to share the Global Performance Group responsibilities.
This position reports to the Global Performance Lead Engineer.
Main accountabilities include:
· Develop engineering competencies in the areas of the Group’s responsibility.
· Support the definition, development, review and approval of design methodologies, numerical models, and design procedures/processes.
· Support the selection of internal or external design tools/software
· Support discipline development and improvement initiatives, including through the management of other Engineers of the Group.
· Facilitate Group’s internal technical communications and interfaces.
Commercial Project Execution
· Support the design of capabilities that accelerate design process effectiveness and ensure quality during the execution of commercial projects.
· Perform and support Group work product delivery and ensure quality work products on commercial projects.
· Collect project requirements relevant to platform global performance
· Building hydrodynamic and coupled aero-hydro model
· Perform global performance design and analysis, following proper QAQC process and project schedule
· Perform model verification with turbine manufacturer and structural engineering team
· Provide interface information to internal/external parties
Research and Development
· Support the Technology Group in the definition of the WindFloat R&D program
· Perform and support Group delivery and ensure quality work products on R&D projects (internal and external).
· Support the Group in the capture and implementation of commercial project lessons learned to improve next generation WindFloat hull designs.
General Group Management and Communications
· Support in proactive recruitment of exceptional technical talent for the Group
· Contribute technical publications for technical conferences or journals and support the review and approval of technical publications for the Group.
. Support Group strategy, culture, and planning activities.
· Master of science or above in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, material science, etc.)
· 0-4 years of professional experience in ship, offshore or floating wind industry
· Experience with hydrodynamics simulations or problems
· Familiarity with at least one programming language such as python or MATLAB
· Detail oriented, organized, proactive and self-motivated
· Good communication skills both written and oral
· Experience with hydrodynamics related numerical tools such as OrcaFlex, Rhinoceros, Orca3D or OpenFAST
To apply for this job please visit careers.principlepower.com.