INORE European symposium 2023
INORE is excited to announce our 2023 European Symposium!
Are you a graduate student, early-stage researcher or young professional in offshore renewable energy?
Then you are invited to Portugal for the 24th INORE Symposium! Join us on the 7th to 11th of November 2023 for five days of research sharing, ideas exchange, workshops, and site visits in a dynamic and informal environment. Meet and collaborate with like-minded individuals from around the world specializing in offshore renewable energy.
This year’s Symposium will be held in northern Portugal, a fascinating place combining tradition and innovation. The main venue and accommodation will be the Pousada de Juventude in Viana do Castelo.
Thanks to our sponsors, symposium activities, food, and lodging are free for attendees from the evening of November 6th to the morning of November 12th. However, travel expenses to reach the Symposium shall be covered by each participant.
To apply, please fill out this form.
NEW Application deadline: 10 August 2023
Applications are now closed for the 2023 symposium. Participant selection will be announced the first week of September.
Questions? Contact us!
1. To apply to this event, applicants must fill out a form containing: (i) general personal information, (ii) their CV, (iii) the reason why they would like to participate in the Symposium, (iv) how their background is relevant to the event, and (v) a scientific/technical contribution (e.g., a short abstract of maximum 300 words).
2. Shall the foreseen budget and accommodation availability are not sufficient to support all the applicants, a selection procedure shall be initiated by the INORE board and Local Organizing Committee based on the following criteria: (i) quality of the contribution submitted, (ii) motivation of the candidate to participate in the event and (iii) balanced distribution of the candidates’ academic/professional backgrounds (scientific interest in different types of offshore renewable energies). Also, due to INORE’s policy of inclusiveness, a balanced selection regarding affiliation institution, gender balance, and age will be pondered.
3. The INORE board and Local Organizing Committee will then prepare a list of selected candidates to be funded by INORE and communicate the results via email not later than one and a half months before the event.
4. All selected participants are due to bring a scientific poster to the Symposium that will be shown and discussed in several dedicated sessions. The template for such a contribution will be sent in the acceptance email. Those selected participants who would like to make an oral presentation will also receive confirmation of their slot in the same email.
Additional Symposium Information
Venue: Pousada de Juventude
Rua de Limia, 4900-405 Viana do Castelo, Portugal
Viana do Castelo is Portugal’s most northerly Atlantic city, located about 25 minutes from Porto’s International Airport.
Served by functional motorways and a seaport, it is easy and convenient to reach the city, where visitors can enjoy a remarkable quality of life, either through the tranquillity and security of its urban life or through the richness of its heritage. Natural, monumental, and historic, and also for excellent cultural, sporting, and social facilities.
How to get to Viana do Castelo
Porto Airport has plenty of international flights and is the closest to Viana do Castelo. However, remember that there are two other international airports in Portugal: Lisbon and Faro. Likewise, Viana do Castelo is close to Galicia, Spain, where you have three local airports with multiple daily flights: A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela, and Vigo.
To check local transportation options:
- Trains from Portugal: Comboios de Portugal
- Buses from Portugal: Rede Expressos or Flixbus
- Trains from Spain: Renfe
- Buses from Spain: Monbus or Asda
Deadline submission of applications: 31 July 2023
Notification of selected participants: 31 August 2023
Symposium dates: 7 November 2023 to 11 November 2023 (accommodation will be provided from 06/11/2023 to 12/11/2023)
Once participants are selected, more information on posters, presentation, and symposium logistics will be shared via email, but any questions or concerns can be sent to [email protected]