Call for Contributions to the Special Session on
“Offshore and Marine Renewable Energy: Conversion and Transmission”
Thematic Areas: This document invites abstract proposals from industry and academic researchers involved in the field of offshore and marine energy conversion. Topics of interest in this special session include, but are not limited to:
- Concepts, component and topologies for energy conversion from offshore natural resources such as wind, waves, tides, thermal difference and salinity gradient, and hybrid solutions.
- Advanced control strategies for increased power extraction and/or improvement in power quality.
- Grid code compliance.
- Reliability, diagnostic and aging in offshore renewable energy conversion.
- Design and sizing of systems or components.
- Farm layouts and AC or DC transmission schemes for offshore renewable energy farms.
- Energy storage solutions for offshore energy applications.
- Modelling of marine resources.
- Real case studies and contributions on the state of advancement of on-going projects.
- Life cycle analysis (economical and/or environmental).
- Social acceptance and maritime governance
Prospective authors are invited to submit an extended abstract of up to 3 A4 pages, one-column format, including author name(s), mailing address, and e-mail address. The abstract should summarise the content of the full paper, indicating its aim and highlighting its original contribution(s) through a literature review.
The major considered references should be listed at the end of the extended abstract. The main results and illustrations should be included and commented. The conference language is English.
Abstracts should be submitted directly to [email protected] with “EVER Submission” written in the email subject line.
All presented papers will be published in the IEEE Xplore database.
In addition, up to 80% of the presented papers are eligible for resubmission and publication in the following journals:
- IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications (granted by the IAS)
- IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics (granted by the PELS)
- IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion (granted by the PES)
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics (granted by the MagSoc)
November 21nd, 2016 Abstract submission
December 19th, 2016 Provisional acceptance
January 17th, 2017 Full paper submission
January 31st, 2017 Final acceptance