Date(s) - 25/08/2015 - 04/09/2015
Ecole Centrale de Nantes
Categories No Categories
2nd AAU and ECN affiliated PhD course on:
‘Numerical and experimental modelling and control of Wave Energy Converters’
Aim of the course:
The main objective of this course is to train each participant to the numerical and experimental modelling and control of Wave Energy Converters (WECs).
The following topics will be taught:
• The State of the Art of wave energy conversion techniques
• The State of the Art of numerical modelling of WECs, the limitations and the alternative
• The State of the Art of experimental modelling of WECs, the limitations
• The State of the Art of control of WECs
By the end of the course, the participants will have carried out the following tasks:
• Wave measurement and generation in wave tank
• Numerical investigation of the performance of a WEC
• Experimental investigation of the performance of a WEC with and without control
Venue and date:
The course will take place at the Ecole Centrale Nantes, city of Nantes, France. Nantes can easily be reached from Paris by train (2hrs), or directly by flying to Nantes Atlantique Airport (Air France/KLM service from/to Amsterdam and Paris). The course will be held on two weeks from Tuesday, August 25 to Friday, September 4, 2015.
• Degree in Engineering
• Basic knowledge of Matlab or any other programming language
Registration fees are 800€ for students and 2400€ in other cases. For registration, contact [email protected], +33 240 371 623 or [email protected]
This course is organized by Jens Peter Kofoed from Aalborg University and Aurélien Babarit from Ecole Centrale de Nantes in collaboration with OceaNET (Marie Curie Actions of the European Commission, FP7-PEOPLE-2013-ITN) and WavEC Offshore Renewables.
Please find additional information at this link.