The Organizing Committee is pleased to announce that the 3rd AWTEC (Asian Wave and Tidal Energy Conference Series, the regional conference affiliated to EWTEC), will be held in Singapore from 24-28 October 2016.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, it is a great pleasure to invite you and your team to the 3rd Asian Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (www.awtec.asia). AWTEC 2016 will happen during the popular Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW 2016) at the Marina Bay Sands of Singapore.
AWTEC provides opportunities for researchers, engineers, policy makers and stakeholders to exchange knowledge through profound discussions and recent research presentations, and promotes international and multi-disciplinary collaboration.
Showcases of marine renewable energy technologies from all over the world will also be present during AWTEC. Participants will also be able to take advantage of joining SIEW-related events such as “Roundtable Discussions” hosted by the Economic Development Board of Singapore (EDB) and the Singapore Energy Market Authority (EMA)
The conference topics listed below span the fields of wave and tidal energy research together with offshore wind and OTEC, ranging from technical to cross-cutting policy, finance and environmental subjects. You are encouraged to submit Abstracts in the following tracks:
- Wave and tidal energy resource characterization
- Device development and testing
- Device hydrodynamics and structural mechanics
- Power take-off and device control
- Device and environmental modeling
- Offshore Wind
- OTEC Systems
- Environmental impact and appraisal
- Policy development and legislation
- Socio-economic impact
- Grid connection and system aspects
- Future markets and financing
- Smart grid technology
- 1 Feb 2016 – Abstract Submission New Deadline (Extended)
- 4 April 2016 – Abstract Acceptance Notification and Registration Opening (Early Bird)
- 15 June 2016 – Deadline for Full Paper Submission
- 4 July 2016 – Early Bird Registration Deadline
- 3 August 2016 – Full Paper Acceptance Notification
- 15 September 2016 – Regular Registration Deadline
- 15 October 2016 – Late Registration Deadline
- 25 October 2016 – Conference Opening & On-site Registration
How to submit
In the online portal, please select which track you wish to submit your abstract for review. Multiple abstract submission is also allowed.
For any inquiries:
Dr Narasimalu Srikanth
Chair, Local Organising Committee of AWTEC 2016 – Singapore
Program Director/Senior Scientist – Wind & Marine Renewable Energy
Energy Research Institute at NTU ([email protected])